Blog posts by Amanda James for all museums

Here you can get involved with blogs that follow the activities of particular community history organisations, historical themes or issues of interest to the community history network. See the latest postings and discover a new point of view from our busy bloggers. Leave a comment and add your own voice to the discussions. Ideas for blogs are always welcome - let us know what topic interests you.

Your search for:

Author:
Amanda James x
Clear this search

found:

Whyalla Museums

Amanda pops up to Whyalla to visit Mount Laura Homestead Museum, the Whyalla Maritime Museum and the Steel Cap Gallery, that collects the history of BHP in Whyalla.   Read more about Whyalla Museums >

Read more »

Peterborough Print Shop Rolling On

The South Australian mid-north town of Peterborough is well known as a railway hub - the place where three railway gauges came together opening up the railways in the region and adding greatly to the ability of local farmers to get crops to ports. Read more about Peterborough Print Shop Rolling On >

Read more »

Australian Made Museum

Tucked away in a residential street in Birkenhead is an interesting maritime themed museum. After hearing about Austbuilt Museum over many years, Amanda finally got to visit it. Read more about Australian Made Museum >

Read more »

Glencoe Goes Off With a Baaaang!

Can you use sheep to tell history?  The Sheep’s Back Museum at Naracoorte has been preserving and telling stories of the wool industry since the 1960s, but on the March long weekend Read more about Glencoe Goes Off With a Baaaang! >

Read more »

Full on Day Out at Loxton Village

You would think I would see enough museums in the course of my normal work, but I couldn’t resist the draw of the Loxton Village Kids’ Day Out on 8 October during the school holidays and the chance to see the newly ins Read more about Full on Day Out at Loxton Village >

Read more »

Vines and Wines at Highercombe Hotel

On a hot evening right at the end of January I headed out to the Old Highercombe Hotel Museum at Tea Tree Gully, where I had the honour of officially opening the Museum’s latest exhibitionVines to Win Read more about Vines and Wines at Highercombe Hotel >

Read more »

Community Exhibition Installation

Recently I assisted the South Australian Bhutanese Community to install their Forum exhibition in the community gallery at the Migration Museum. There are some lovely objects – various vessels Read more about Community Exhibition Installation >

Read more »

On the Boot: Yorke Peninsula museum visits

With harvest about to start, Amanda headed for Yorke Peninsula last week to catch-up with several museums in the Community Museums Program. Visits to Yorke Peninsula are great because there are so many museums that are fairly close together, yet each has a distinctive focus. Read more about On the Boot: Yorke Peninsula museum visits >

Read more »

To Whyalla and Back Again

Amanda took a break from South Australian History Fund grant enquiries and headed up to Port Pirie and Whyalla. Read more about To Whyalla and Back Again >

Read more »