Community museums blog

Here you can get involved with blogs that follow the activities of particular community history organisations, historical themes or issues of interest to the community history network. See the latest postings and discover a new point of view from our busy bloggers. Leave a comment and add your own voice to the discussions. Ideas for blogs are always welcome - let us know what topic interests you.

One Last Look

Members of the Port Lincoln Railway Museum had the opportunity recently to inspect a former railway site. Read more about One Last Look >

Read more »

Flying Visit across the Spencer Gulf

Pauline flies to Port Lincoln with Artlab textile conservator Kristin to help run a Caring for Collections workshop for community museums and historical groups on the Eyre Peninsula. Read more about Flying Visit across the Spencer Gulf >

Read more »

Breakfast with the Birds

The Museums first community event for 2014 is Breakfast with the Birds.  Back by popular demand this event has always been well supported and what could be better than relaxing in the gardens and enjoying a leisurely breakfast.  Continental -$12 or Full Hot Breakfast - $18, which includes free en Read more about Breakfast with the Birds >

Read more »

Vines and Wines at Highercombe Hotel

On a hot evening right at the end of January I headed out to the Old Highercombe Hotel Museum at Tea Tree Gully, where I had the honour of officially opening the Museum’s latest exhibitionVines to Win Read more about Vines and Wines at Highercombe Hotel >

Read more »

Community Exhibition Installation

Recently I assisted the South Australian Bhutanese Community to install their Forum exhibition in the community gallery at the Migration Museum. There are some lovely objects – various vessels Read more about Community Exhibition Installation >

Read more »

Christmas comes early in Hindmarsh

In the week before Christmas, Amanda and Pauline play Santa for a number of museums in History SA's Community Museums Program (CMP), handing out free cabinets that were no longer required by the South Australian Museum. Read more about Christmas comes early in Hindmarsh >

Read more »

Museum stands on historic site

Many people do not know that the Museum is located on the site of the now demolished Port Dock Railway Station and yards; the terminus of South Austrlia's first steam operated railway line. Read more about Museum stands on historic site >

Read more »

Volunteer Profile: Shylie Edwards, Graphic Designer

The following is a volunteer profile of our wonderful graphic designer Shylie Edwards, written in her own words. Read more about Volunteer Profile: Shylie Edwards, Graphic Designer >

Read more »

Christmas Mouse

Our Christmas Event is now over and the building is quiet  ... not a creature is stirring not even a mouse! Read more about Christmas Mouse >

Read more »

Visit to Touch of Christmas Past

On Thursday I dropped in to the Old Highercombe Hotel Museum to see how the Touch of Christmas Past event was going. Read more about Visit to Touch of Christmas Past >

Read more »