Community museums blog

Here you can get involved with blogs that follow the activities of particular community history organisations, historical themes or issues of interest to the community history network. See the latest postings and discover a new point of view from our busy bloggers. Leave a comment and add your own voice to the discussions. Ideas for blogs are always welcome - let us know what topic interests you.

No batteries needed – or electricity it seems!

Yesterday I had my first chance to visit this year’s school holiday event at the Old Highercombe Hotel Museum. It was a stormy day and the electricity supply had been off for a couple of hours in the middle of the day. Candles were out to help light the Museum. Read more about No batteries needed – or electricity it seems! >

Read more »

Getting Closer to Solving the Mystery

Pauline gives an update of the Mission Photos Mystery after attending the launch of the newly preserved and partly identified rare 19th century daguerreotypes of Poonindie Mission members at Port Lincoln's Mill Cottage Museum during the About Time History Festival.  Read more about Getting Closer to Solving the Mystery >

Read more »

Winter edition published of The Highercombe Herald

I have been busy today publishing The Highercombe Herald - newsletter of the Old Highercombe Hotel Museum.

I picked up 200 copies from the printer - black and white this edition to save money. Read more about Winter edition published of The Highercombe Herald >

Read more »