WHAT TO BRING
- Computer with Audacity and Powerpoint software installed. Audacity is free software for editing audio files. Please see the OHA SA/NT website for information about how to install Audacity on your computer. Audacity is available for Mac, Windows and Linux computers. Please let us know if you do not have Powerpoint software, and we will let you know of a free alternative.
- Headphones that plug in to your computer.
- Power cable and mouse for your computer.
- Audio file of an oral history interview, together with some photos relevant to the interview. Make sure these files are in a readily accessible folder on your computer. Participants may also choose to bring short video clips relevant to the interview, but these are not required.
- If possible, some sound effects relevant to the interview (e.g. sound of a train if the interview is with a train driver). Make sure these audio files are saved on your computer.
- Lunch. (Morning tea will be provided.)
- Two people from the same organisation attending the workshop may choose to work together on one computer.
Please let us know if you will have difficulty accessing a computer for the workshop. We do not want you to miss out!
Participants should be familiar with basic computer functions e.g. opening files, copying and pasting, and locating files on their computer. It is assumed that participants have completed the Introduction to Oral History workshop.