PoANT was formed in October 2006 as a response to the community's growing concerns regarding the rapid changes that were underway in Port Adelaide and on the LeFevre Peninsula. The branch became the 49th branch in this state. PoANT focusses on:
- Industrial heritage and culture
- Built heritage
- Development and conservation
- Natural environment
- Maritime heritage
- Liaison with Aboriginal people and organisations
- Promotion of amenity and sense of place
- Influencing government policy and development outcomes
- Networking and promotion of heritage values
- Community consultation and engagement.
We hold forums with expert panel membes to inform and discuss issues concerning heritage. This gives our members an opportunity to relay their heritage concerns to all levels of government and to business where necessary.